Title searches (along with purchasing title insurance in Westborough) can help your venture into real estate be safe and successful. This is because they can allow you to uncover any issues, irregularities, and encumbrances (such as undisclosed heirs or unpaid taxes) related to a property that could jeopardize your ownership. For this reason, it is always advised to run a title search on an estate before performing a real estate transaction. If you’d like to learn how you can do one, continue reading.
How to Run a Title Search
- Before anything else happens, you need to obtain certain basic information to begin your research. The property’s address or the name of its owner are good places to start.
- To begin the actual search, you can access the County’s Courthouse’s website. There, you’ll need to find the “property search page”.
- Once in that page, you’ll find fields with the labels “parcel ID”, “address”, etc. Enter the information you have to pull up the records on that estate. Read the documents fully.
- If you want to run a more thorough title search, go to the County’s Courthouse and ask for the files of the property that you’re researching.
- During your review, note the owners’ history, the line of deeds, and other important information. Then, pull up the records related to that information to get more data.
- By now, it’s probable that you have a mountain of documents to go through. Try to organize them, create timelines, and connect dots so you can read them more easily.
- All you have to do now is read everything you pulled up. Remember to look for interesting or unusual details that could signify an encumbrance or other issue with the title.
Call (508) 475-5502 Title Insurance in Westborough
Remember to turn to Thompson Law Group, PC & Home Key Title & Closing, Inc. in Westborough if you’re in need of a trustworthy company that provides title services. Keep in mind that neglecting to get these services done could be a home buying mistake, so be sure to call the number above for more information on how they can assist you.